Monday, June 11, 2007

Draft Joe Morgan to Hell

A word that pisses me off more than "blog", or "DublSoft" is definitely "video blogger/ing". Anyone with a video blog can go to hell. I probably don't want to hear or read your ideas in the first place, not to mention the fact that I don't want your greasy pizza face uglying up my monitor.

Tonight is the WWE draft. I'm pretty psyched about it, but I'm also pretty sure I'll be let down again. I believe the WWE could use a serious shaking up though. Things have gotten stale, and this is a good way to move folks around to make some room for new blood. Problem is... there is NO new blood on the horizon. When is the WWE going to get a clue and scrap Smackdown and make a niche show. I think a promotion with a classic WWE show (Raw), a hardcore show (old ECW), and a high flyer/athletic show (think ROH, or TNA before it got gayed up) would be fucking fantastic.

If you're a sports fan and you have a penchant for keeping your sanity, then the Braves-Cubs game last night was particularly unbearable. I didn't get to see it on TV, but all reports say Miller and Morgan were fucking ridiculous. I WAS listening on ESPN radio, and whoever those shit dicks were pretty much made my ears bleed. Finally I found the Braves local broadcast, and that was at least BEARABLE. Seriously. You would have thought that the home plate umpire shivved Lou Pinella's mom with a rusty icepick and then Edgar Renteria went out there and pissed donkey punched her repeatedly. IT'S A FUCKING BASEBALL GAME. People play rough like that for their whole life. I played second base, and I cannot tell you how many times I jumped for a ball thrown over my head on a steal and "lost my footing" and either fell on the guy or stomped his leg. Yeah it's dirty, and yeah I should have gotten my ass kicked, but you just... do stuff like that sometimes. I'm a fan of doing anything underhanded you can do in a game to win. That doesn't include things like steroids, because that's outside of a game, and that doesn't include really trying to hurt someone. I never stomped people's shit with metal spikes, or on the ankle. It was mostly just to pin then for an instant to prevent going an additional base. It sends a message; it gets in their fucking head. And I don't go back to Craig County because of that.

There's a Ring of Honor event in Philly on August 11th. I'm pretty happy about the new announcement because that means I'll FINALLY get to go to one. My brother's graduation and my childhood best friend's wedding just happens to coincide with the other 2 events this summer. Boo crap on that.

And for other wrestling fans out there, go search for Extreme Warfare Revenge. It's an incredibly detailed, thorough wrestling-booker-simulation... thing. I absolutely love it, and you will too if you like pro wrestling.

Office life is still fucking weird.

No comments: