Thursday, May 10, 2007

Michael Vick and Football

Here is why I hate sports media and football in general.

It appears to be the opinion of the sports media and [most] football teams that a winning team is what people want to see, and in most cases this is the case. Who wants to watch a team go 1-15 or whatever with Andrew Walter as the quarterback?

This is where their argument breaks down and pisses me off. Michael Vick is the funnest athlete to watch in modern sports. The only other person I can think of in his league is Steve Nash (and Tiger Woods if you're an old fogie). All media I have seen is calling for the Falcons to dump Michael Vick. This is insanity. Even if the Falcons go 7-9, Vick will still break off 50 yard runs and other similar fun, insane plays.

I believe in the integrity of sports, but you are out there to entertain fans, like it or not. And when it comes to football I'd watch Michael Vick run in circles over the boring Tom Brady's of the world any day.

No comments: